A potato is a great source of complex carbohydrates, protein, vitamin C, vitamin B-6, potassium, niacin, and thiamine.
But did you know that potato peels the best remedy to lighten your skin, for dandruff, blackheads, whiteheads and grey hair.
Beauty Benefits of Potato Peels
1. Potato Peel for Dandruff
20 Drops Iodine (14 ml)
4 cups of water (1 liter)
Peels of 4 kg of potatoes
Juice of 2 Squeezed lemons
- Heat the water using a pot.
- Once it boils, add the potato peels.
- Boil for 15 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Strain the mixture.
- Add the lemon juice and iodine drops.
- Store the mixture and keep it securely closed.
- Apply on your hair after washing. Repeat the procedure every time you wash your hair.
2. Raw Potato for Skin Lightening
Potatoes are known as a natural skin lightening agent. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Apply a mask of grated raw potato on the area of your face.
- Rinse off using water after 30 minutes.
- Doing this on a regular basis will help make your face clean, smooth, and bright as well as reduce facial swelling.
- You can apply a mixture of potato juice and lemon to lighten your skin naturally. This will act as mild bleach for your skin, and yields quick results.
3. Potato for Grey Hair
Overall potato beauty benefits are packed with good stuff — they’re rich in vitamin B and C, brighten and improve your skin, and also are known to reduce wrinkles. Apart from adding flavors to our food it is used for skin, body and hair care too. It enhances the taste as well as your beauty helping you to acheive self confidence in you.
- Boil potato peels, then stain the water.
- After putting shampoo on your hair, rinse using this potato water mixture. This will darken your hair, thereby, giving it that beautiful glow.
- How to Make Banana Peel Tea for Better Digestion, Heart Health and Weight Loss
- Banana Peel: The Miracle Cure for Acne
- How to Use Banana Peel as Anti-aging and to Lighten Your Skin
photo credit: pixabay